Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
We are looking for a volunteer Treasurer who's more than just a number cruncher! Someone with forward-thinking ideas and a fun-loving, community spirit who is dedicated to helping ensure that London truly is a sustainable and unique city.
Architectural Conservancy Ontario - London Region (ACO London) is committed to conserving London area’s heritage architecture through public awareness and advocacy. We support and encourage architectural conservation through the creative reuse and repurposing of older buildings, the creation of Heritage Conservation Districts to protect our historic neighbourhoods, and the active retention and maintenance of London area’s unique history as embodied by its built heritage.
ACO London is a volunteer-based community organization founded over 50 years ago with the threatened destruction of London’s original financial buildings, the Ridout Street Complex, now a National Historic Site.
This is an Officer position on our Executive Board. Officer terms are two years with the option of renewal. The successful applicant will be expected to commit to a minimum of one term and, if not already a member, join ACO London.
Time spent fulfilling the role of Treasurer is approximately 8-10 hours per month. This includes preparation for and attendance at monthly Board meetings which take place the first Monday evening of every month (summer-time excepted) at historic Grosvenor Lodge.
- Maintain financial records and information;
- Monitor bank accounts (chequing) and investments;
- Liaise with investment and bank account managers;
- Advise the Board on financial matters;
- Make decisions about financial details, with approval of Board;
- Prepare annual budget in collaboration with Board;
- Provide updated financial statements in advance of monthly Board meetings;
- Attend monthly Board meetings;
- Provide annual financial report for AGM;
- Liaise with Provincial ACO Office on financial matters;
- Pay submitted expenses in a timely manner, ensuring all proper documentation is received;
- Liaise with the Membership Secretary to generate income tax receipts for memberships;
- Act as a signing authority for financial transactions;
- Attend continuing education opportunities;
- Attend and assist with various ACO London events.
Additional Opportunity Information
- Board Member
- Finance / Accounting / Audit