Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
SEEKING TREASURER FOR THE LPG BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The LPG Board of Directors is recruiting a Treasurer to join in January 2019.
The responsibilities associated with this position will be significantly reduced now that we are hiring a part-time Financial Controller to take on the lion’s share of the work that had been previously accomplished by the Treasurer.
The Treasurer will need to commit to a total of approximately 9-15 hours per month.
The Treasurer’s main responsibilities include:
- Attending monthly board meetings (typically 2.5 to 3 hours/month)
- Attending monthly member meetings (typically 1.5 to 2 hours/month)
- Managing bank accounts, including receiving and depositing cash and cheques received in the office, and ensuring that sufficient funds are in the bank to cover written cheques
- Signing cheques weekly (2 signatures required, Treasurer and ED)
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on the current financial position of the organization
- Issuing charitable tax receipts
- Supporting the fundraising and organizational efforts of the LPG at LCAC
Please submit your cover letter, résumé, and three (3) professional references in PDF by December 31, 2018 to Board President, Judy Sparkes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Opportunity Information
- Board Member