Hours Per Week
Number of Positions
- Long-Term (6+ months)
Deadline to Apply:
Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization, mobilizing volunteers and partners in providing opportunities for families to achieve affordable and sustainable home ownership as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty and strengthening communities.
We are looking for a volunteer to be a part of our Finance committee. We are seeking someone that is action-oriented and interested in sharing their voice to advocate the importance of affordable home ownership in our community. We hope to sustain diverse committees and board that brings many perspectives and experiences to share.
Finance Committee members use their financial knowledge and experience to complete their annual objectives. Some of the tasks of the committee are as follows:
- Budget Planning and Oversight
- Financial Management
- Asset Management
- Audit Responsibilities (Oversee the External Auditor)
The committee consists of 2-3 Board Directors. Finance committee has been meeting quarterly and the Board of Directors meets the last Tuesday of each month from 5:30 pm to 8 pm.
Board Member Expectations:
- Act as an ambassador for the agency
- Become a member of our LDA-London Region Chapter
- Become oriented to agency programs/services; board and agency policies and protocols
- Attend board meeting as a voting member
- Participate on board committees
- Participate in strategic, fundraising and board planning
- Assist with fundraising events
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Comply with Board Governance Policies
- Be committed to the growth of LDA-London Region
To understand more of the importance and the impact Habitat has on this community, please visit our website at www.habitat4home.ca
To apply, please email a resume and brief statement outlining why you are interested in the finance committee at Habitat.
- Board Member
- Committee Member
- Finance / Accounting / Audit