The London Scottish Rite Learning Centre is seeking Volunteer Greeters to support our tutors, parents and children while they attend the Centre for tutoring sessions. Volunteers must be kind and patient with a sincere desire to help.
3:30 – 6:00 p.m. weekdays. Commitment: once a week
Some of the duties of our Greeters include:
- Welcome parents and children
- Monitor arrival and departure of children
- Prepare tea and coffee for parents; setup snack for children
- Check tutor rooms to make sure they are in order
- Complete monitor observation sheets
- Clean boards between tutoring sessions
- Assist tutors if asked (photocopying, laminating)
Our Centre provides specialized tutoring to children with dyslexia without any charge to the families. Our volunteer tutors are professionally trained in the highly regarded Orton-Gillingham approach.