Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) is a volunteer-driven, non-profit, organization serving London and the surrounding six counties – Perth, Huron, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford. We are community-inspired and dedicated to positively impacting the lives of individuals and diverse communities living with, at-risk for or affected by HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C (HCV). Our philosophy includes adherence to GIPA (Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV/AIDS), MEPA (Meaningful Engagement of People Living with HIV/AIDS), Anti-Racism / Anti-Oppression, Sex Positivity, Principles of Harm Reduction, Holistic Health and Civil Society.
THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION AND THE ROLE:
Working with the Administrative Assistant, receptionists will be responsible for various administrative projects as well as facilitating day-to-day organizational duties. A strong candidate will have well-developed organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
A mandatory minimum one 3.5 hour shift per week. The shifts available are 10 – 1:30pm or 1:30 – 5:00pm Monday through Friday with the option to pick up shifts during the week.
- Interest in learning about HIV/HCV and harm reduction principles
- Ability to use multi-line phone system
- Ability to communicate in a positive, polite and respectful manner
- Experience in Microsoft products
- An understanding of confidentiality and anonymous service delivery
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Demonstrate the ability to respond well to potentially high stress situations, problem solve and engage compassionately with calls and visitors.
- Greet visitors, direct clients and field question from the community
- Direct callers to appropriate people, services, or information
- Sort and distribute mail
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area
- Keeping supplies inventory
- Scheduling meetings
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- Better understanding HIV / HCV / Harm Reduction
- Ongoing office administrative skills development
- Supporting an impactful organization engaging in meaningful work
- Connect and give back to the community
To apply please submit your resume and availability electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to #30-186 King Street, London, ON N6A 1C7. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the community we live in. To this end, we encourage applications from persons living with HIV/HCV, members of GLBMSMT2S communities, individuals from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities, members of diverse ethno-cultural communities, and persons with dis/abilities.
We appreciate all submissions, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
No phone calls please.