Are you interested in engaging with the arts community? Do you have retail sales experience?
We are recruiting a team to work in the retail Store at London Clay Art Centre, 664 Dundas Street. The LCAC Store sells unique wheel thrown and handmade pottery and sculptural pieces, all made locally by members of The London Potters Guild. If you have an interest in arts and local crafts, can commit to a regular shift on an on-going basis, and want to contribute to your community, London Clay Art Centre is the place for you!
At least once per week is preferred, but flexible
Shop is open 11:00 am to 4:00pm, Tuesday through Sunday
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide excellent customer service by connecting with and greeting all customers
• Provide up-to-date information about public programming available at LCAC
• Tour visitors through the facility upon request
• Provide background information to customers about LCAC and The London Potters Guild
• Assist in upkeep of the shop – cleanliness and appearance of displays
• Assist with setting up periodic window displays
• Provide support to fellow volunteers through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions
• Work with current store staff, members of The London Potters Guild
HOW TO APPLY: Submit to Cheryl@londonclayartcentre.org a brief cover letter that outlines your experience and reason why you would like to volunteer in the retail store at London Clay Art Centre, plus 2-3 references we can contact to verify your experience and suitability for this opportunity.