Pillar Nonprofit Network is now accepting applications for the 2016 Willy Van Klooster Nonprofit Board Governance Scholarship.
The Willy Van Klooster Nonprofit Governance Scholarship was developed to honour Willy's exemplary leadership in board governance as the founding and long-serving chair of Pillar Nonprofit Network. It is awarded annually, at no cost to the recipient, to build excellence in board governance for a small-to-medium-sized member organization of Pillar Nonprofit Network.
This year's scholarship is aimed at organizations that wish to enhance the governance capacity of their Board of Directors. In particular, this scholarship is valuable to organizations with a new incoming Board Chair and/or Executive Director.
The estimated value of the scholarship is $5,000.
This program will be approximately 15 hours in total over 9 months.
Program components will be determined according to the needs of the organization and could include the following:
- A governance practices assessment and board development workshop for the recipient organization
- Up to 5 hours of follow-up support for the Board of Directors, Board Chair, and Executive Director
- Coaching supports to develop a productive relationship between their Board and Executive Director
- One-to-one mentorship, generously provided by Pillar's Outgoing Board Chair, David Billson
To be eligible for the Scholarship:
- The organization must be a member of Pillar Nonprofit Network and have an operating budget under $500,000
- Applications must be received by 5 PM on Friday, May 27, 2016
- Applications must be signed by both the Chair and Executive Director
The selection committee will review applications and identification of the recipient will be announced in July. Scholarship activities must be completed by March 31, 2017.
Application Deadline is by 5 PM on Friday, May 27, 2016
Download the application form below and email the completed application to email@example.com.
(right click on the form to download)