Social enterprises are nonprofit, for-profit & cooperative organizations using business strategies to achieve positive social and environmental impact. Pillar provides access to support and expert knowledge to social enterprises at all stages of business development, from idea to growth.
Social Enterprise Coaching
Talk with Pillar's Social Enterprise Team, who will help guide you along your social enterprise journey. From ideas to growing social enterprises, we want to hear your story! Connect with our social enterprise coach to ask questions, receive guidance and access resources to help you reach success.
VERGE Capital helps social enterprises (nonprofit, for-profit and cooperatives) bring their business ideas to fruition through two social finance loan funds. VERGE Capital has catalyzed over $3.5 million in impact investing, shifting capital towards our community's most pressing social and environmental challenges.
1. The VERGE Capital Startup Fund provides loans to local early-stage enterprises with both a solid business case and a strong community impact model.
2. The VERGE Breakthrough Fund is Southwestern Ontario’s first impact investing fund providing growth capital to social and environmental enterprises.
Starting a new social enterprise? Embedding social values into an existing business? Creating a sustainable model for your nonprofit? Give yourself the best chance of success by emersing yourself in the right environment. Sponsored by Libro Credit Union, our social enterprise incubator gives budding entrepreneurs a front seat into the world of social enterprise.
Participants will join us at Innovation Works for 6 months and work with Pillar staff, Libro Credit Union staff, volunteer Business Advisors and the Innovation Works community.
- 6 months access to Innovation Works
- 1-1 Coaching with Pillar's Social Enterprise Coach
- 1-1 support from a volunteer Business Advisor specialized in your area of need
- Social Enterprise resources,
- A network of social enterprises at all stages of development
Want to meet other social innovators and entrepreneurs? Drop by and join our peer group the last Friday morning of each month from 9:30 AM - 11 AM at Innovation Works, 1st floor Commons. Facilitated by our Social Enterprise Coach, this is an opportunity to meet our team and other social entrepreneurs. Come with an idea to share, a challenge to discuss, or a listening ear.
“An organization or business with two goals: achieve social or environmental outcomes and maximize revenue.” - Impact – A Social Enterprise Strategy for Ontario
The London Bizgrid: Your guide to the London, Ontario Business Support Network