What is Social Enteprise?
Examples of Social Enterprise in London
Social Enterprise Support
Pillar offers resources, workshops, consulting and financing to support the start-up and growth of social enterprises. Read on below about how our support can help guide you along your social enterprise journey. Connect with our team to ask questions, receive guidance and access resources.
Looking for support? Fill in a profile & our team will contact you.
Want to meet other social innovators and entrepreneurs? Drop by and join our peer group the last Friday morning of each month from 9:30 AM - 11am at Innovation Works, 1st floor Commons. Facilitated by a Pillar team member, this is an opportunity to meet other individuals and organization invested in social enterprise. Come with an idea to share, a challenge to discuss, or a listening ear. This is a drop-in session, with no registration required.
Find more information on this and other upcoming Pillar events.
PLEASE NOTE: For March 2020, we are taking the Socialpreneur Chats online! To join us, please click HERE to register.
Nonprofits Exploring Social Enterprise
Nonprofits Exploring Social Enterprise is a personalized coaching program that provides established nonprofits and charities with free 10 hours of 1-1 coaching over a period of up to 6 months. Selected organizations work with our team to understand how earned revenue and social enterprise could fit into their organization.
For more information fill in a profile and our team will contact you.
Libro Social Enterprise Incubator
Starting a new social enterprise? Embedding social values into an existing business? Creating a sustainable model for your nonprofit? Give yourself the best chance of success by immersing yourself in the right environment. Sponsored by Libro Credit Union, our social enterprise incubator gives budding entrepreneurs a front seat into the world of social enterprise.
- 3 Day Orientation Bootcamp to kick-start your enterprise planning
- 3 months weekly social enterprise & business development workshops
- 6 months of bi-weekly 1-1 social enterprise coaching
- 12 months free access to Innovation Works
- 12 months free Pillar Nonprofit Network membership
Applications open in February & August. For more information fill in a profile and our team will contact you.
Looking for personalized support for your social enterprise? Impact Consulting by Pillar Nonprofit Network provides consulting services designed to amplify the social impact of nonprofit organizations, social enterprises and social purpose businesses. We offer customized and expert strategic consultation for nonprofit and for-profit social enterprises. We assist individual social entrepreneurs and organizations wishing to conceive, design, launch or expand a social enterprise.
From afternoon strategy sessions to full feasibility studies and business plans, we are here to support your team. Please note, there may be grants and bursaries available to help fund our consulting support.
Learn more about Impact Consulting
Serving Southwestern Ontario, VERGE Capital connects caring local investors with local social and environmental enterprises. VERGE Capital, a program of Pillar Nonprofit Network, has catalyzed over $3.5 million in impact investing, shifting capital towards our community's most pressing social and environmental challenges.
1. The VERGE Capital Startup Fund provides loans of $5k to $50k to early-stage enterprises across Southwestern Ontario.
2. The VERGE Breakthrough Fund provides loans of $50k to $500k to growing social enterprises and affordable housing projects.
Social Enterprise Resources
- The London Bizgrid: Your guide to the London, Ontario Business Support Network
- Social Enterprise Institute: An online community and platform of paid resources, courses and tools for social entrepreneurs.
- Access to Capital: A guide to available financing, grants and tax credits available to business in London, Ontario.
- Innoweave: An online platform of free webinars, tools, coaching and grants to support social innovation and social enterprise.
- Shoshent: A guide to available social enterprise resources, workshops, accelerators and funding in Ontario.