LONDON, ONTARIO, August 25, 2021 – Pillar Nonprofit Network is excited to announce the 12 finalists for the 15th Annual Pillar Community Innovation Awards! Attendees at our Finalist Launch event will be introduced to the changemaking individuals and organizations who are investing in positive community impact in our region and will enjoy an inspiring vocal performance by Travae Wiliams.
Since launching in 2006, the Pillar Community Innovation Awards has become the biggest storytelling event for the social impact sector in Canada. This year the Pillar Community Innovation Awards celebrates how individuals, organizations and enterprises are investing in positive community impact in our region in the categories of Innovation, Leadership, Impact, Collaboration and Community Choice.
The three finalists in each category of Innovation, Leadership, Impact and Collaboration are:
- Food Bruce Grey, United Way Owen Sound
- London Muslim Mosque Community Support Program
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
- Jyoti Vaidya
- Leroy Hibbert
- Sarah Lehman
- Elyssa Rose, Okaadenige Program, Atlohsa Family Healing Services
- Samanta Krishnapillai, The On Canada Project
- Carol Walters, Alzheimer’s Society Southwest Partners
- COVID Care Kits - Crouch Neighbourhood Resource Centre, Glen Cairn Community Resource Centre, Youth For Christ London
- Health Outreach Mobile Engagement (H.O.M.E) - London InterCommunity Health Centre, Middlesex London Paramedic Service, Regional HIV AIDS Connection, Addiction Services of Thames Valley, London Cares Homeless Response Services
- Robert's Ideal Giveaway - Ideal Way, Catholic Central Highschool
For more about our finalists visit: https://pcia.pillarnonprofit.ca/finalists.
The Pillar Community Innovation Awards ceremony will take place on Thursday, November 18th, 2021 on our virtual event platform. This year promises to be as exciting and dynamic as last year’s virtual celebration with inspiring stories, opportunities to connect with friends and special artistic performances. This year’s event will be Co-Chaired by local champions of change, Saidat Vandenberg and Emily Strybosch.
Award recipients will receive $2,000 to be directed to the registered charity of their choice and will be presented with a custom-designed award, accompanied by their names engraved on the perpetual plaque in the Hudson’s Bay Passageway at the London Central Library.
Those interested in attending the event, can find ticket details at https://pcia.pillarnonprofit.ca.
Thank you to our Platinum sponsor for the event, Libro Credit Union, and to our Award sponsors 3M, Rogers TV, Canada Life and FM96/AM980/Fresh103.1/Country104.
About Pillar Nonprofit Network:
Pillar Nonprofit Network strengthens individuals, organizations and enterprises invested in positive community impact. We support nonprofits, social enterprises and social innovators by sharing resources, exchanging knowledge and creating meaningful connections across the three pillars of nonprofit, business and government.
We believe that a connected network sparks collaboration and a willingness to lean on each other to help build an engaged, inclusive and vibrant community.
Kaleigh Rodgers, Pillar Nonprofit Network
201 King St. London, ON N6A 1C9
Tel: 519-433-7876 ext. 211