As per Middlesex London Health Unit COVID Response Framework, we are required to close the doors at Innovation Works as of Saturday December 26 at 12:01am. The restrictions are in effect for all of Southern Ontario from Saturday December 26, 2020 to Saturday January 23, 2021. Our expectation is that our co-tenant members are following the guidance of the MLHU and are not coming in for anything other than essential purposes. For those of you who are deemed essential services you will be able to continue using the space but will need to meet any clients at our front doors to let them in. For full details please see the Ontario Government Guidelines that includes a list of those services deemed essential.
We understand that this decision is affecting all of the organizations and individuals that are part of the Innovation Works community. The health and well-being of everyone continues to be our highest priority. We are putting in place these measures to protect both the public and our co-tenants.
The following is what you need to know:
- Doors will be card-access only starting on Friday, December 24 at 12PM, as mentioned in a previous email.
- If there are any issues or extenuating circumstances, please contact Loredana Wainwright directly.
- The Welcome Desk will not be staffed starting on Monday, December 28.
- We will be picking up mail from our local Canada Post depot and will be sorted weekly, for pick up ideally Friday afternoons starting Friday, January 8.
- All protocols are in place and we ask that you adhere to keep us all safe: sanitization, social distancing, masks and sign in are mandatory.
Events & Meeting Rooms Booked after December 24
- All non-essential meetings and events that have been scheduled after Saturday, December 26 will need to be postponed or cancelled. Please login to your account in Office RnD to do so (to avoid any costs for overages).
- Co-tenants and those renting will be offered a credit to apply to a future date.
We are looking at ways to provide connection to our members, online. Stay tuned for opportunities to connect via this mailing list and on our website.
Pillar Nonprofit Network
Pillar Nonprofit Network and Innovation Works staff will be adhering to a work-at-home policy starting on Monday, December 28. We will be available via email.
Pillar's Learning & Development program is continuing their online offerings, check out what is coming up here.
We are also working with the London Small Business Centre and London Economic Development Centre (LEDC) in providing an information session to assist those who may be eligible for the the Canadian Emergency Rent Subsidy. This subsidy allows for small businesses to access rent relief directly from the Federal Government. This program is available to anyone who has lost income with no minimum thresholds. This will take place on Tuesday, January 19 at 10AM. Registration will follow shortly.
- stay home if you have symptoms, even if they are mild
- wash your hands thoroughly and regularly
- cover your cough
- every person shall wear a face covering before entering and while inside an establishment in accordance with exceptions outlined in London By-law PH-20
- download the COVID Alert mobile app
- get tested if you have symptoms compatible with COVID-19, or if you’ve been advised of exposure by your local public health unit or through the COVID Alert mobile app
- trips outside of the home should only be for essential reasons (work, school, groceries/pharmacy, health care, assisting vulnerable individuals or exercise and physical activity)
- no indoor organized public events and social gatherings are permitted, except with members of the same household – people who live alone can gather with one household
- work remotely, where possible
You will be hearing from me if any other changes arise and with the registration to the Rent Relief Information Session registration.
Most of all continue to practice kindness and be the amazing social change agents we know you to be!!! Be well and see you all soon.
More resources to share below: