Pillar Nonprofit Network is now accepting applications for the Willy Van Klooster Nonprofit Board Governance Scholarship 2015.
The Willy Van Klooster Nonprofit Governance Scholarship was developed to honour Willy's exemplary leadership in board governance as the founding and long-serving chair of Pillar Nonprofit Network. It is awarded annually, at no cost to the recipient, to build excellence in board governance for a small-to-medium-sized member organization of Pillar Nonprofit Network.
This year's scholarship is aimed at organizations that wish to enhance the governance capacity of their Board of Directors. In particular, this scholarship is valuable to organizations with a new incoming Board Chair and/or Executive Director.
The estimated value of the scholarship is $5,000.
This program will be approximately 15 hours in total over 9 months.
A consultant will be selected based on the needs of the organization and include the following supports:
• Conduct a governance practices assessment and board development workshop for the recipient organization
• Provide up to 5 hours of follow-up support for the Board of Directors, Board Chair, and Executive Director
• Coaching supports to develop a productive relationship between their Board and Executive Director
• One-to-one mentorship will be generously provided by Pillar's Outgoing Board Chair, David Billson
To be eligible for the Scholarship:
• The organization must be a member of Pillar Nonprofit Network and have an operating budget under $500,000
• Applications must be received by 5 PM on Friday, May 29, 2015
• Scholarship activities must be completed by March 31, 2016
The selection committee will review applications and identification of the recipient will be announced in June.
Application Deadline is by 5 PM on Friday, May 29, 2015
Download the application form below and email the completed application to email@example.com.
(right click on the form to download)