Who We Are
ReForest London is a non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance environmental and human health in the Forest City. We are inspiring, educating, and empowering Londoners to plant and care for trees and to be part of a sustainability-focused future for our community. We are also undertaking a significant new project: the creation of London’s first Environment and Sustainability Centre. This hub, the Westminster Ponds Centre, promotes environmental excellence, sustainability, health, and wellbeing through the co-creation of resources, services, and programs.
We are looking for a volunteer Treasurer of the Board of Directors who will also serve as Chair of the Finance Committee. We are seeking someone who is action-oriented and interested in sharing their expertise within an impactful and growing local non-profit.
Finance Committee is a hands-on team, with members working together to build financial policies and practices for ReForest London’s growing projects and to oversee financial budgeting and reporting. The committee consists of 2-3 Board Directors and 3-6 committee members. The committee undertakes project and objectives in alignment with ReForest London’s strategic plan, as well as tackling emergent issues as they develop. There are lots of opportunities to build new skills and knowledge.
The role of Treasurer is also a member of the Board of Directors of ReForest London. The Board comprises up to 15 directors.
- Chair the Finance Committee in the accomplishment of its annual objectives.
- Facilitate Finance Committee review and oversight of financial budgets, reporting, and external audit and ensure provision of finance and compliance information to the Board of Directors.
- Act as a signing officer for the corporation.
- Oversee and help ensure ReForest London’s compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements as a charity and as a social enterprise.
- As a Board Director, contribute to the leadership team, setting strategy and providing community oversight of ReForest London in the delivery of its misson.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about creating a greener and more sustainable future. You know great community impact relies on great organizational foundations and tackling new opportunities. You are looking for an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and exercise your expertise or to learn and add to your experience.
You have some of the following:
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in budgeting, asset management, financial management, risk management or audits
- Critical thinking and business analysis skills
- Initiative to undertake and independently prioritize own work
- A passion to fuel our organization to new levels of accomplishment and to make our community even better
- Knowledge in NPO and/or HST finance would be an asset
- A CPA designation would be a definite asset but not necessary
- We hope to appoint a diverse committee and board that brings many perspectives and experience to share.
The Finance Committee meets the second Monday of each month for 1.5-2 hours, plus 1-2 hours of work between meetings.
The Board meets the first Tuesday of each month for 1.5-2 hours, plus 1-2 hours of work between meetings.
ReForest London invites applications from all qualified individuals. ReForest London is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://airtable.com/shr6rRu9xYHAKnXEa. There is a place in this form to upload your resume and to tell us why you are a good fit for this role.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: November 12, 2021