PLEASE NOTE: This training is offered all year long and can start at any time.
The Online Board Governance program provides affordable and accessible governance training. Self-paced and developed for adult learners by experts in governance, this program gives prospective and new board members a solid understanding of what they will need to know to be successful in community leadership.
Seven modules make up the program:
- Board Essentials
- Legal Roles and Responsibilities
- Finance Essentials
- Commitment to Diversity
- Resource Development
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Approximately 14 hours to complete – 2 hours per module
- You will need to log in and create an account. Once you have an account created you can start and stop the training at any time
- Upon completion of the program you will receive a Course Completion Certificate provided by Global Diversity Exchange, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University.
- This online training was developed for the DiverseCity onBoard program, and is available for anyone to take.
DiverseCity onBoard works with nonprofit and charitable organizations to find qualified leaders from under represented immigrant communities so that leadership tables may better reflect and respond to our changing community.
Operating in Toronto since 2006, Pillar Nonprofit Network is very excited to be bringing this dynamic program to London.
The online training was designed by the following experts:
- Ruth Armstrong, MBA, Vision Management Services
- Terri-Lynne Devonish, Chief Counsel, AON Canada
- Lois Fine, CGA, YWCA Toronto
- Hamlin Grange, President, DiversiPro Inc.
- Ingrid Pregel, MBA FCMC CEC, Ingrid Pregel Consulting
- Helen Hayward, CMC, Western Management Consultants
- Cathy Mann, CFRE, Cathy Mann & Associates