Hours Per Week
- Mid-Term (3-6 months)
Deadline to Apply:
Deconstruction & Salvage projects are very important to Habitat for Humanity, as the products retrieved, are then sold at the ReStore for the purpose of creating funds for the organization and building homes for families.
This hands-on team goes into homes in the local neighborhood to dismantle and remove entire kitchens, doors, windows, bathroom fixtures and more from customers’ homes to sell in our ReStores.
- Disassemble items such as cabinetry, doors, windows, plumbing fixtures, and HVAC etc.
- Assist with moving materials from the client’s home to the ReStore for further processing and or sale
- Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
- Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Other duties as required
- Experience in at least one of the following areas – general handy person, construction knowledge, familiarity with construction and household products and fixtures.
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs
- Ability to work with a team
- Friendly, approachable, outgoing
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff members and volunteers
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
Additional Opportunity Information
- Construction & Trades
- General Labour / Help
- Retail / Gift Shop