Get Involved - Volunteer
ChangeTheWorld Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge is a province wide campaign with 23 volunteer centres participating. The Goal is simple…engage youth 14-18 years old to commit to volunteering a minimum of 3 hours during April 6 to May 19.
Have you taken the initiative to find volunteer opportunities yet? If not, do not worry. One fifth of youth volunteers agreed that not knowing how to get involved is one of the greatest challenges to volunteering. Pillar Nonprofit Network and ChangeTheWorld are here to help.
Now is the time to get started, top up, or exceed your community service volunteer hours for graduation. Not to mention how you’ll be helping the community, building your resume and having fun!
Here are a few easy tips for getting started:
• Do it with friends to make your experience less intimidating and more fun.
• Volunteer with your family. This is not only a great way to give back to the community, but this can also be an experience to bond and grow with your family together.
• What are your interests or hobbies? Volunteering using your skills and talents makes the experience more fun. (For example…play guitar for nursing home residents, do arts and crafts with children, take pictures at an event, walk dogs)
• When do you have the time? Figure out when you can fit in some volunteer activities into your free time.
• Check out what’s happening at places you may already be familiar with such as school, church, community resource centres, library or a nonprofit organization you might already be connected to.
During ChangeTheWorld Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge there are event more interesting ways to get involved.
Find volunteer opportunities to participate in ChangeTheWorld.