2021 will be the 11th consecutive year for our All About Boards Program!
Please note that this series will be offered online, it will not be recorded and we encourage you to attend live online.
Are you looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
Are you looking to bring more clarity to your board’s roles and responsibilities?
Would your board benefit from a strengthened vision for the future?
Does your board have the skills and representation it needs to do its work?
For all nonprofits, the Board of Directors plays a critical role in making strategic decisions that help to advance an organization’s mission and advance positive impact. For board members to fulfill this role, it is crucial that directors and staff are trained in the responsibilities and demands of effective governance.
The All About Boards program has been designed to provide you with the foundational elements to help you govern effectively while introducing you to emerging issues in board governance. This training provides actionable resources and guidance so nonprofit organizations can move their governance from good to great.
Learn what every board director should know:
- Characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board
- Frameworks and best practices for effective governance
- Key financial accountabilities and responsibilities associated with the role of a director
- How to attract, recruit and retain the best boards
- Recognize strategic opportunities and risks
- Increased confidence to carry out your role as board member
- Increased clarity on the roles of board members vs. the roles of staff and operational volunteers
- A more engaged board and stronger alignment to the organizational mission and vision
- Tools to increase the effectiveness of your board meetings
Participants will receive:
- Presentations by subject matter experts, including resources and tools after each session
- An opportunity to build a professional network of board contacts
- A professional development opportunity that can help build your resume
- A certificate of completion (for those that attend all 4 sessions)
LEVEL: Beginner - Intermediate
- Are you a board member (experienced or new) of a nonprofit or charity and looking to strengthen your board’s effectiveness?
- Are you looking to learn more about board governance and join a board?
- Are you an Executive Director or CEO who would like to build on your boardroom skills and update your awareness of emerging governance issues and trends?
- Are you staff that supports a board?
- If you answered YES to any of these, All About Boards is for you!
We encourage organizations to enroll both board members and their CEO/Executive Director (or another senior leader) to ensure maximum benefit and impact. Past participants have included a dynamic mix of large, medium and small nonprofit organizations.
2021 ALL ABOUT BOARDS SCHEDULE
Click on each session for a full description and registration details for individual sessions (to register for the full series stay on this page):
Session 1: Board Fundamentals, Sept 28
Session 2: Build Your Best Board, Oct 26
Session 3: Financial Fitness, Nov 23
Session 4: Succession Planning for Organizational Continuity, Dec 7
NOTE: You may register for the full series (all 4 sessions) or
You must attend all 4 sessions to obtain the certificate.
All sessions take place from 1:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
ADDITIONAL INVESTMENT INFORMATION:
Additional Nonprofit Member Discount Rate
Are you a nonprofit member organization with an operating budget of under $100,000? You may be able to save an additional 50% off the registration fee.
Learn if you are eligible for the NONPROFIT MEMBER DISCOUNT RATE.
Willy VanKlooster Founding Board Chair Bursary
We have bursaries to give to 4 individuals who would like to attend the series at no fee. Your nonprofit operating budget must be less than $500,000.
Send an email to Susannah at email@example.com with the following details:
Description of your organization - mission, vision, values and programs you offer. And please answer the following two questions: Why would this training benefit your organization? And what do you hope to do with the training?
Group discounts are available for groups of five or more attending from an organization. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Generously Supported by the City of London
Thank You To Our 2021 Learning & Development Sponsor: